Last night I was bored and was surfing the internet. Will was home with me. I decided to google child birthing videos. That was not a pretty sight. I showed it Will. I told him he will never look at my whoo-ha the same again after Logan's born. Those videos were pretty graphic. Blood and all. Oh! I also googled circumcision. Bad bad bad bad idea! The baby screamed and cried as they cut away his foreskin. AHHHHHH! What mother can stand listening to that?!?!?! My eyes were streaming with tears just hearing that newborn cry. Who knows how I would react if that were Logan?!?! So right now if the hospital won't do Logan's circumcision when we're there, we're not getting it done. Period. Besides, it's only cosmetic. There's no medical reasoning behind it. Jesus only got circumcised so he wouldn't masterbate not because it wasn't sanitary. Who cares if Logan masterbates, and I'm sorry but it's up to the parents to ensure that their child is being cleaned properly! There's my opinion on circumcision. My sister has two boys, both not circumcised and they are doing just fine.
Anyway, I'm officially 8 months pregnant. 32 weeks. Wow! It took a while for us to get here. I'm ready for him to come. I think more so because it's becoming so uncomfortable for me to sleep at night and move around during the day. I miss having a glass of wine and eating sushi. Can't wait to have all that stuff again. Yum! My Braxton-Hicks are coming more often now, sometimes 4 to 5 times a day. Not painful yet. I have a feeling he'll be here in August. Can't wait!
Monday, July 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I hear ya on the Circ thing. But we are having Aiden's done in two weeks. I know! We HAD to wait to have it done because he has something called a webbed scrotum. They are putting him out for it and he will be uncomfortable for about a week. I agree that having it done after he is born is best, he won't remember it and it's easier to take care of. It ISN'T medically nessisary, but John wished that his parents had his done. He has torn the skin under the head and it still bothers him. He is also more seseptable to bacteria and yeast infections. When you have Logan's done, if you do, have him nurse while they do it or have a pacifier with some sugar water - it works! When you find your pediatrician, ask if they will do it during his release check up.
Wow! Never heard of a webbed scrotum. Interesting. Well, I think the reason why Will wants Logan circumcised is because he's circumcised. Son's gotta look like daddy, you know. It's a good thing they're knocking Aiden out. What I keep hearing is that the hospitals are slowly doing away with circumcisions. They're having their patients go directly to their pediatrician's office to get it done. That's why I said if it's not done at the hospital then we're not having it done.
I hope everything goes well for Aiden. Poor baby. I'm already feeling his pain.
Congrats Mummy and Daddy on the birth of Logan, it was so awesome. Thanks for letting me be there and cut his cord. Love you all and looking forward to building many happy memories with our latest edition.
Post a Comment