Monday, February 15, 2010

Blood Glucose...

I called my doctor's office and they said that my blood glucose level was higher than normal and that I needed to go back in to take another test, a three-hour test. I was scared! I broke into tears when I called Will. Of course, he never has anything to say, especially when he knows that I'm upset. He's always been the type of person who doesn't know how to comfort someone in distress. Haha! I can't blame him. So they said that the normal range is at 130 and I was at 156. Not really sure what that means but ok...

I went in last Thursday to take the test. I showed up to the lab at 7AM and didn't leave until after 10AM. I drank the nasty orange drink that completely made me sick to my stomach and sat there waiting for my blood sugar to rise. At every hour they drew a vile of blood from me. I got poked four times in the same arm; three times in the same vein and once in a different vein. The bruising is barely starting to show. I'm still worried that I might be diabetic but after talking to some different people who had to take it twice, my little sister for one, I don't feel as nervous about the results. I figure that if it comes back as being positive for diabetes, Will and I will deal with it and if it's negative, hey!, that's even better!

So I had a three-day weekend since it's President's Day. Will and I went to dinner at Yosemite Ranch for Valentine's Day; we took Mom with us too. It was a delicious dinner. Mom and I ordered a 20-ounce steak each so we can have leftovers to take home. Their bread-pudding was yummy! When we were done Will left to hang out with his buddies while I dropped Mom off at home. Will came home not too long after I get back from Mom's. He was sick with a fever, the shakes, and diarrhea. We went to bed early. He threw up later that night as well. He either got food poisoning or he has the stomach flu. Either way, he was playing it good. I don't think I've ever seen him so sick....and so clingly! I had to fight him off of me throughout the night. It also didn't help that the pets were sleeping next to me as well.

Well, tomorrow is back to work....wow...that sounds like fun...

3 comments:

Amber said...

I went in for a second one as wekk, everything was fine. Depends on what you have eaten for a couple of days, not JUST before. I'm sure it will all turn out fine.

Maureen said...

Hello My Mai,
You will be fine and together you and William can pull through anything. I had so much fun hanging out with you this week-end. Can't wait to see you with a real baby bump. Thanks for being my daughter. Love you, Mom

Maiya Okutsu said...

I'm sure everything will be fine. I was going to call today for the results but figured that they'll call me if it's serious. I told myself not to stress out over it. Everyone whom I've talked to said they've had to take the test twice as well and everything came back okay. Thanks for all the support.