Friday, January 29, 2010

7 1/2 weeks

I had my doctor's appointment today. I took a pregnancy test at the office and had an ultrasound. I swear I was farther along than the nurse practitioner said. I'm only 7 1/2 weeks; thought I was 2 1/2 months but now I know for sure that I am pregnant and that's the good thing. It took her a while to find the baby but she found it. Will was there with me the whole time so he got to see the heartbeat as well. I didn't get to see Dr. Thomas because his surgery was running behind but that's ok. There's always a next time. Kim Morris, our nurse practitioner, was really nice and so was the staff. They answered all our questions and provided useful additional information. Because diabetes runs in my family, Kim had me do a blood glucose test. Six viles of blood were drawn from me! I heard the blood squirt into the viles...ewww! It was gross! I hope I don't have diabetes. I'm actually really scared.

Will attached a photo of our ultrasound on the side bar. Yes, that's our baby. He or she is tiny right now but in four weeks time we'll get to see him or her even better. I can't wait!

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Congrats, love the pic. Now your pregnancy is real. You two enjoy this wonderful experience of bringing new life into the world. Its going to be an interesting rest of the year for you. Can't wait to feel my grand child bouncing around in your stomach. Happy Birthday Dear Daughter. Love you.

Amber said...

Itty bitty baby!! How exciting for you guys. Same thing happened with me, thinking I was farther along. But when they measure it, I guess it's pretty accurate. I can't wait to see some pics of the belly! I took a picture every 4 week, you can see it growing that way. You see it everyday and forget how fast it goes by. Enjoy it!!

Michelle said...

Congratulations again Mai and Will on your new addition to your family!! I'm sooo excited for you guys!!